Thursday, February 7, 2008

What the Fuck?

I'm experiencing a weird convergence of the Universe right now. I'm busy enough trying to figure out the status of things with my current (and wonderful) girlfriend, Amy. I got a phone call 3 days ago from my ex fiancee's father telling me that he thinks now is a good time to try and get back in contact with her because maybe she wants to or is ready or something??? It wasn't very clear and not really enough to convince me to call a girl that fucked me over as much as she did. Finally, today I get a phone call from my sweet, albeit messed up, ex wife who I'm pretty sure was high. Although I was touched when we got back in touch, things have taken a turn I didn't expect.

This is more drama than I'm used to. I work hard to keep things pretty simple. I was so upset about all the drama of Miya (the fiancee) cheating on me and leaving me because it felt like I was thrust into a soap opera out of what had been a pretty stable and happy life. At least it was for a few years before that.

I don't really feel like things are dramatic. I mean it is and it makes for good conversation but I don't feel like this stuff has control over me. Of course it affects me and makes me think about the past but at least it doesn't throw me off track completely. Show up, pay attention and let go of the results. Thats what one of my teachers told me and it seems to work pretty well.

No comments: